- 600 hours in total
- Students receive a customized esthetics kit that includes essential tools such as make-up, eyelash products, a wax kit, and state board testing essentials.
NEW FOR 2019
Veterans can now utilize their VA Benefits for the Kenneth Shuler Esthetics Program
If you're ready to start your beauty industry career and jump into the world of esthetics, apply to Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology today and join our legacy.
Kenneth Shuler's esthetics program is currently offered at our Spartanburg, Florence, Goose Creek (Charleston), Rock Hill (Charlotte), and Garners Ferry Road (Columbia) campuses.
We use a variety of professional products including Dermalogica and MUD makeup. Our clinics are outfitted with equipment that can be found in spas and skin care facilities across the country.
Esthetics Program Overview:
How to become an esthetician
The first thing you need to do is find and compare schools near you. Make sure whichever school you are considering will train you on everything you need to know about analyzing, treating and beautifying skin in order to pass your state’s Board of Cosmetology written and practical licensing exams. You should also learn how to recognize skin problems that may go beyond an esthetician’s skills and patients who may need to be referred to a dermatologist or other medical professional.
A good esthetician should be:
- Well-groomed and well put-together
- Able to see tiny details at close range
- Steady with your hands
- Comfortable using your hands at long stretches for services like facial massages
- Extremely attentive to cleanliness, sanitation and safety
- Good at keeping a clean and tidy station
- Familiar with proper sterilization techniques for tools
- Comfortable working with clients
- Comfortable consulting with a client about their current skin care regimen
- Poised and respectful about potentially personal or uncomfortable questions about sensitive skin-related issues
- Willing to offer recommendations
- Good at judging how a client should manage their unique skin care needs
Skills every esthetician should be strong in:
- Hand-eye coordination
- Customer service
- Adherence to processes and legal requirements
- Knowing how to promote specific product lines
- Marketing oneself to get new business
- Active listening to truly understand client needs
Get the info you need to start a great career in the beauty industry!
By submitting this form, you are giving consent to be contacted by a Kenneth Shuler representative via email, telephone, mail, or text regarding KS programs, events, and offers.