At Kenneth Shuler, everything we do is to benefit our students. We’re passionate about our students doing well on state boards and getting jobs in the beauty industry after graduation.
Our cosmetology program is offered at all eight of our schools conveniently serving South Carolina, Georgia, and North Carolina residents. We focus on modern color techniques, Redken and American Crew cutting systems, state board preparation, and ProsperU’s career success training. Click here to learn more about our cosmetology program.
Upon completion of our cosmetology program, our students leave completely prepared to enter into the cosmetology and beauty field thanks to their portfolio showcasing their works as students and a resume geared to the cosmetology and beauty industry. All students have the opportunity to compete in state hair and nail competitions during their time at the Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology.
Our esthetics program focuses on using a variety of professional products to train our students and our clinics are outfitted with equipment that can be found in spas and skin care facilities across the country. Kenneth Shuler’s esthetics program is offered at our Spartanburg, Florence, Goose Creek, Rock Hill, and Garners Ferry locations. Click here to learn more about our esthetics program and how you can jump-start your esthetics career.
Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology is dedicated to providing the best cosmetology and esthetics training to our students. With 8 campuses across South Carolina, Kenneth Shuler has made quality beauty education accessible across the state.
Below are just a few of the cosmetology and esthetics scholarships available to you at the moment. Keep an eye on beauty school.org for updates and new scholarship opportunities.
- Kenneth Shuler Jump Start Scholarship
- ACE Grant
- Pat Goins Memorial Scholarship
- SportClips Scholarship
- NCEA Esthetician Scholarship
- Joe Francis Hair Care Scholarship
- OPI Scholarship
Information regarding these scholarships and scholarship programs is available in the Admissions offices. You can also find these at the American Association of Cosmetology Schools website.
CAREERS IN BEAUTY
The possibilities are endless with an education from Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology. Our graduates have gone on to work a wide variety of esthetics and cosmetology careers.
Kenneth Shuler offers several opportunities to meet with prospective employers through the use of career fairs so that our students have an inside opportunity to break into the many careers the beauty industry has to offer.
During these career fairs, students are able to meet with local salon owners and other beauty professionals who are interested in hiring them once they have obtained a license. In addition, this gives students an opportunity to utilize the professional image and business management skills that they learned in the classroom through our ProsperU program.
Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology graduates are highly sought after because we have an outstanding reputation within the cosmetology industry.
Placement is never guaranteed, but our Career Planning Advisor works with our students to help find a position that will suit their needs (before they graduate and even after!)
In addition to owning or working in a salon, here are a few other beauty careers that Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology can help our students achieve:
- Beauty and Fashion Writer/Blogger
- Runway Hairstylist/Make-Up Artist
- Cosmetology School Instructor/Director
- Salon and Spa Coach
- Trade Show Marketing Coordinator
- Cosmetic Chemist
- Personal Shopper
- Mortuary Services
- Platform Artist/Hairshow Competitor
- Online Beauty Supply Store Owner
- Wig Maker
- Career Advisor
- Color Specialist
- Hair Extension Specialist
- Cruise Ship Stylist
- Image Consultant
The list goes on!
WE CAN’T REALLY NAME ALL THE REASONS WHY KS…
but here are a few that are sure to get you excited!
- 50 years of proven experience in the cosmetology and beauty industry.
- KS is a Redken Premier School and American Crew Partner School! Students get quality education from internationally-recognized powerhouse brands!
- Students receive a tablet as part of their student kit!
- We have a business training program (ProsperU) that helps students become better prepared to succeed as a professional in the industry.
- Students get the opportunity to compete in state hair and nail competitions.
- We help students with building a portfolio and creating a resume.
- They receive the chance to participate in numerous community service projects and events.
Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology has been launching beauty careers for over 50 years and we want you to join our legacy!
*Source: Industry In-Site: 101 Top Beauty Careers
**Kenneth Shuler School of Cosmetology does not guarantee employment after licensure.